Frequently Asked Questions
1. I need to schedule an appointment at a time that is not during your regular business hours. Can I do that?
Yes! I understand that my appointment hours won't work for everybody. If you need an appointment at another time, just call or email me to set up another day or time!
2. Can I book an appointment online for a service that same day?
Yes. However, if you are booking a last minute appointment (less than two hours notice), please call Blue Lotus to let me know you will be coming in soon!
3. How do I buy a gift certificate?
You may buy a gift certificate over the phone or in person. Gift certificates are available either as a dollar amount or for a specific service. You can pick up the gift certificate at Blue Lotus or ask that it be mailed to the lucky recipient!
4. What products do you carry?
Blue Lotus carries the complete line of skincare from Yon-Ka Paris as well as Cellex-C vitamin C products , Rx Systems glycolic products, and a variety of herbal bath and body products!
5. What method of payment does Blue Lotus accept?
You may pay for your Blue Lotus services and products with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, debit card or a local personal check.
6. How often should I schedule facials and waxing?
Ideally, both facials and waxing should be scheduled every 4 weeks, or as close to that as you can manage. A Corrective Treatment Series should be done once a week for six weeks.
7. Are there any medications that will interfere with my waxing or facials?
Yes! If you are being treated by a dermatologist, please check to see if they have prescribed any medications which will adversely affect your treatments. Common medications include Retin-A, Differin, Accutane, and Renova. Use of these medications will limit your facial choices and will restrict waxing.
8. I have looked at your menu and can't decide which facial would be best for my skin. Can you help me decide?
There are a lot of facials to pick from and I know it can be difficult to choose just one! At the beginning of each facial description it tells what type of skin that particular facial is meant to help. If you still can't decide, book any facial with the amount of time you would like (60 or 90 minutes), and we can decide together at your appointment which facial will work best for you.
9. I would like to do a facial with more exfoliation and saw that you offer both microdermabrasion and glycolic. Why should I choose one over the other and how do I know which one would be best for my skin?
Microdermabrasion and glycolic acid both produce dramatic changes in the skin and should be done regularly for optimum skin texture. However, each produces these results in a different way. Microdermabrasion uses a buffing action to "sand" down the skin and produce an unbelievably smooth complexion. Glycolic acid dissolves the skin on the surface to produce a smooth complexion. Because glycolic is an acid, it is somewhat drying to the skin. Therefore, it is perfect for those who have oily, more acne prone skin. If you have dry skin, glycolic can be too drying and so I recommend microdermabrasion. I always recommend glycolic over microderm for clients with acne prone skin. In short: normal to dry skin = microderm, normal to oily or acne prone skin = glycolic.
If you have any skincare questions you would like answered, just email me!